Wednesday, August 10, 2016

See ya later Australia

*Three months later and I'm finally getting around to finishing up this post, so without further adieu~ 

Our last week, slowly but surely we have been crossing things off my Australian bucket list. The basketball season ended last weekend and we decided to spend this past week finishing everything up and really enjoying where we have been living on the Sunshine Coast. It's a really, really amazing area with a ton to do. We've been busy! 

The beginning of our "vacation" week was Eric's birthday! We did exactly what he wanted to do which was just hang out & relax. He's not really into celebrating his birthday.. but I am, and I forced a lot of donuts, balloons and cheesecake into the day. 

Tuesday we went up to Noosa and wanted to try to find a koala in Noosa National Park since we didn't find one the first time we tried. No luck with that, they're super elusive and apparently fast (?) because there was a sighting and we still couldn't find it where it was spotted. BUT we also went there to try to spot some whales and that was a huge success! I kinda pressured the guys into taking the hour hike and it was SO WORTH IT. We saw heaps of whales swimming by and it was awesome. We also spotted a bunch of dolphins and what looked to be thousands of jelly fish. Super successful hike! After that we went to a Burger place Eric has been wanting to try which turned out to be so good. A top 10 day for sure. 

A huge pod? School? (Will look that up) of dolphins swam by right after I forced Eric into taking this pic with me. 


                  Noosa is magical


                    Betty's Burgers!

Wednesday Eric learned to surf! I'm not about deep water/sharks so I watched from the beach and he did awesome! Our friend Joe took him and really helped him and made sure he got to stand up, it was really cool. That afternoon we drove up to a town called Maleny and got an amazing view of the Glass House Mountains. We didn't get to climb one but seeing them was way cool and less tiring. Driving up a mountain beats hiking up, at least on that day it did! 



Disclaimer: forced him to stand there and point, pretty sure he contemplated leaving me there lol

Such a pretty view with minimal effort (I originally wanted to climb those mountains)

Thursday, our last full day we finally went to the Australia Zoo! I had been waiting for that for so, so long and it was so worth the wait. I got to PET A KANGAROO AND A KOALA! That was huge for me, I made sure we went back to do it again before we had left. Baby tigers, giraffes, lemurs & wombats were also all really exciting for me. I felt like a five year old, so excited and loving every second. 

                     Best. Day. Ever. 






After the zoo we went and met up with guys from the team, the coaches and their families and had a BBQ by the beach and then wrapped up the night hanging out with our friends in their backyard chatting and looking back on our time there. We flew home Friday and that was that! 

*Change isn't so easy for me, and figuring life out at home hasn't been my favorite but I'm so incredibly grateful for the experiences and travel that Eric and I have had together so far! Eric works so insanely hard to get to where he's been/where he's going to and I really couldn't be more proud of him. Life is unpredictable but finding the small pieces of happiness make the hard/crazy days that much sweeter. I know the journey has only begun, so ready for more adventures and experiences! (And maybe some more blogging..hopefully?) 

Xo 







No comments:

Post a Comment